5 Ways To Burn Fat
Losing weight is a challenge for most people and getting your body to burn fat takes a serious commitment. It involves a lifestyle change that focuses on 80% eating healthy and 20% exercise. Even if you are eating healthy foods, over-eating them will not do the trick. It takes three things to lose body fat and keep it off:
- Weight-bearing exercise at least 4 days per week
- Cardiovascular training whether that is walking, treadmill, taking a STEP or spinning class
- Healthy, mini-meals meals every 3-4 hours that will help stabilize blood sugar levels so they stay on an even keel throughout the day
Once you have these things in place and you still want or need to burn more body fat, below are some things that are very effective at helping your body to burn fat for fuel:
1. Start Your Day With A Protein Shake in a blender using organic berries, almond milk, good quality protein made from whey, peas or rice, ground flaxseed, ice and water. It will help you burn fat all day.
2. Drink Coffee
Drinking black coffee is one of the oldest fat-burning tricks in the book. However, if you add anything that has calories like cream, non-fat creamers or skim milk, you stop the fat-burning process! Drinking enough caffeine to make your heart race is never a good idea, but having black coffee in moderation will keep you full and help you burn fat.
3. Have A Calorie Curfew
Stop eating at least 3 or more hours before bedtime. This gives your body a chance to clear out and stop late night eating. Don’t forget to drink your protein shake in the morning within the first hour of getting out of bed to break the fast and jumpstart your metabolism.
4. Take 500 Mg Or More Of L-Carnitine
- L-Carnitine is a naturally occurring amino acid found in red meat. You would never be able to eat the amount of L-Carnitine that your body needs to burn fat from only eating red meat, so it is better to take the supplement and save the calories. This supplement is also referred to as the “Carnitine Shuttle” because it shuttles or pulls body fat into the cells and prompts this fat to be burned as fuel. It is very safe to use and does not have any side effects.
5. Take 7-Keto DHEA Supplement – As we age, our metabolism slows down significantly and small quantities of DHEA can help rev up the metabolism enhancing your weight loss efforts.
Always keep in mind that it takes many lifestyle changes in different areas of your life to effectively lose weight and/or body fat. There is never any one thing that will get your body to burn fat for fuel – it’s always a combination of healthy meals every 3-4 hours and consistent exercise daily. You are guaranteed to burn fat if you do what it takes consistently.
The question is: will you make a commitment to do it?
About The Author
Sherry L. Granader, ACE, AFAA, NETA, ACSM, ASFA, BBU
Sherry is a Nutritionist, Writer, National Speaker, Ghostwriter of books for Natural Medicine Doctors and Clinical Nutritionists and an Author of 2 healthy cookbooks. She is a Nationally Certified Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in Pilates, Yoga, Body Pump, STEP and Aerobics with over 20 years experience. She served as the On-Air Nutritionist for QVC television in the United States and the UK and hosted her own weekly “Healthy Living” segments for PBS.
For more information on Sherry, visit www.sgtotalhealth.com