Katie’s Best Ever Pumpkin Dip
Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip (can be sugar-free)
- 1 can pumpkin (15oz)
- 1 container cream cheese-style spread (I used Tofutti non-hydrogenated. For substitutions, see the nutrition info link below. Or for a soy-free alternative, try 1 cup of cashew cream: raw cashews that have been soaked, drained, then pureed into raw cashew butter.)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (more if desired)
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- sweetener of choice to taste (Amount will depend on whether you’re making this as a dip or a spread. Use up to 1/3 cup for a dip, but you might not even need a tablespoon of sugar or a packet of stevia for a spread. Note that liquid sweeteners will yield a much thinner dip, so either powdered sugar or nunaturals stevia are recommended.)
Combine all ingredients and mix very well. (A food processor is best, but this can be done by hand with a lot of stirring). Serve as a dip, with graham crackers or gingersnaps or fresh fruit. Or use as a festive cream-cheese spread on bagels, toast or pancakes. This will keep in the refrigerator 4-5 days.
Click Here To View Nutrition Info
About The Author
Chocolate Covered Katie
The “Healthy” Dessert Blog
Katie says her blog isn’t just any dessert blog: it’s the healthy-dessert blog!
Her site features healthier versions of all your favorite desserts. Her aim isn’t for people to say, “This is good… for a healthy dessert.” Katie wants them to say, “This is good. Period.”
Katie’s site is for anyone who wants to be healthy but refuses to give up eating delicious desserts in the name of health. She believes that happiness and health go hand-in-hand, and asks how can you be happy if you’re not eating what you truly desire? Her favorite food is chocolate, and she eat it at least once a day. Katie says she’s never been happier or healthier.
Her motto is that “Healthy is the new naughty.”
For more information on Katie, visit ChocolateCoveredKatie.com