Katie’s One Minute Chocolate Cake
One-Minute Chocolate Cake (can be gluten-free!)
It’s also a new Single-Serving Recipe.
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons spelt flour (or white, or Arrowhead Mills gf)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar or evaporated cane juice (edit: xylitol works as well)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 stevia packet (or 1 tablespoon more sugar)
- 2-3 tsp coconut oil or vegetable oil (Edit: many commenters have said it still tastes good if you sub applesauce or mashed banana. But I can’t personally vouch for the results if you make that substitution.)
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine dry ingredients and mix very, very well. Add liquid, stir, then transfer to a little dish, ramekin, or even a coffee mug. Microwave 30-40 seconds. If you don’t want to eat it straight out of the dish, be sure to spray your dish first (and then wait for it to cool before trying to remove it).
If desired, top with my favorite Reeses Fudge Frosting.
About The Author
Chocolate Covered Katie
The “Healthy” Dessert Blog
Katie says her blog isn’t just any dessert blog: it’s the healthy-dessert blog!
Her site features healthier versions of all your favorite desserts. Her aim isn’t for people to say, “This is good… for a healthy dessert.” Katie wants them to say, “This is good. Period.”
Katie’s site is for anyone who wants to be healthy but refuses to give up eating delicious desserts in the name of health. She believes that happiness and health go hand-in-hand, and asks how can you be happy if you’re not eating what you truly desire? Her favorite food is chocolate, and she eat it at least once a day. Katie says she’s never been happier or healthier.
Her motto is that “Healthy is the new naughty.”
For more information on Katie, visit ChocolateCoveredKatie.com